Thursday, April 28, 2011

Duluth Bound for the Weekend!

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now and it's finally here.  The steal head run is still in full swing and with the help of friends and online fishing forums I am ready for it. 

The plan is to attack the Lester River from its mouth on lake superior, upstream as far as the upper pools.  Using mid-weight fly rods, small hooks and yarn incognito as spawn sacks, a couple feet up from the hook we are going to run indicators to help us notice the light bites.  With an early start and some help from the weather we should be able to have some success.  It's still early in the season so there won't much vegetation or insects for the fish to eat but just in case the bites are far and few in-between, I am packing some of my mid-season lures to differ the presentation and hopefully produce some strikes. 
Being a rookie to style of fly-fishing in the Duluth area I have my fingers crossed and hope for some beginners luck. 

Hoping for some good fortunes so I can boast about the weekend but I shouldn't get my hopes up to high as I know even the best can bet skunked.  Worst comes to worst the guys and I enjoy the scenery while choking down a wild cat or two.




No comments:

Post a Comment