Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fishing the Brule

Its been a long time since I hit the blog but it's time to get back at it.  I didn't manage to take any photos from last weekends trip to the Brule River but I intend on making it back up there for some quality mid-west fly-fishing.  For anyone who likes to test the slack waters but thinks there aren't many good spots to go in this region think again.

I lived in Duluth For two plus years and had no idea the gems the area had to offer this time of year.  As the fall weather creeps closer and closer so does quality fly-fishing on the Brule River.  This river has a wide variety; brook trout, brown trout, steel head, king salmon, and more, all that need to happen is for the conditions to be right and you may be fishing elbow to elbow out there, as the locals know all to well what the river has to offer.  I'm going to keep this one short as I want to tell what kind of fish can be caught rather than just talk it up without any photos.  Just know there are places hidden right here in the lake states.





No comments:

Post a Comment